Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Beef Taco Skillet

This extremely easy recipe was in a packet that came in the mail this past week. As usual, I didn't follow the recipe exactly as it was written. I added a few more things.

I couldn't believe how quick and easy this was. I told hubby that I was going to start dinner and 15 minutes later, I told him it was ready. He thought I was calling him to come help me!

Beef Taco Skillet

1 lb. ground beef
1 can tomato soup
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup water
6 flour tortillas (6 inch), cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese


Cook beef in skillet until browned; pour off fat.
Stir in soup, salsa, water, & tortillas. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Top with cheese.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's what I changed:
  • added taco seasoning to ground beef
  • added sour cream
  • added black olives
Yep, doesn't get any easier than that!
Next time, I'll add corn & use tortilla chips instead of flour tortillas.

No comments: