Friday, November 25, 2011

Mini Pumpkin Pies

I made these mini pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving yesterday. They turned out so cute, like little tarts. I saw these on pinterest and thought they looked like a fun spin on original pie.

They're unique and the perfect serving size, but I think baking an entire pie is the easier way to go! I spent a lot of time cutting out the crusts and arranging them in the muffin tins.


I used 3 premade pie crusts & this pumpkin pie recipe.

Unroll pie crust. Using a 4" round cookie cutter or bowl, cut out 4 circles per crust. I took the scraps from the crusts and rolled them out again to cut more circles. I ended up with 20 mini pies from 3 crusts.

Preheat oven to 425*.

Generously spray muffin tins with cooking spray. Place each crust into muffin tin and press down on the bottom and sides. Using a fork, prick the bottom of each crust to keep it from bubbling while cooking.

Prepare your pumpkin pie filling of choice. (For 20 mini pies, I used a recipe for one 9" pie. I still had a little filling left over, but ran out of crust)

Pour filling into each crust, filling to the top.

Bake at 425* for 15 minutes. Reduce temp to 350* and bake for additional 25-30 minutes.

Cool on wire rack. Store pies in refrigerator.

No comments: