Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Mallow-Topped Sweet Potatoes

I got this recipe out of a Taste 0f H0me magazine many years ago. Since then, I make it every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner! It really tastes like a dessert!

One year, I crumbled oatmeal cookies over the casserole before putting the marshmallows on...YUMMY!!

I believe the original recipe called for baked sweet potatoes, I always use canned.


Mallow-Topped Sweet Potatoes

2 (29 oz) cans sweet potatoes
1 c. milk
6 Tbsp. margarine
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
marshmallows (either mini or large...your choice)

Drain potatoes. Using an electric mixer, mix all ingredients (except the marshmallows) together until smooth. Put mixture in a greased 2.5 qt. baking dish.

Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Top with marshmallows and bake for another 5-10 minutes.

No comments: