Thursday, May 2, 2013

Cilantro Lime Shrimp

I have a slight addiction to shrimp. I love it! I think it's one of those foods that I could truly eat every single day and never get tired of it.
 
This recipe is full of flavor and takes less than 10 minutes to prepare. My family loved it! Even my fried-shrimp-loving husband :) My two year old and one year old both gobbled it up.
 
 
Cilantro Lime Shrimp
 
2 lbs. shrimp, shelled and deveined
2 tsp olive oil
6 cloves garlic, crushed
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 lime
salt and pepper
 
Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Add oil to the pan, when hot add shrimp. Season with salt and pepper.
 
When shrimp is cooked on one side (about 2 minutes), turn shrimp over and add garlic. Saute another minute or two until shrimp is cooked, be careful not to overcook. Remove from heat.
 
Squeeze lime all over shrimp and toss with cilantro. Serve hot.
 
(recipe source)
 

No comments: