Saturday, December 3, 2011

Baked Cream Cheese Spaghetti

Here's another pinterest find! Yummy!! I loved this because with my diet for gestational diabetes, I was able to have pasta with lots of protein added in! Mmmmm....

This is another recipe that I doubled...one to bake that night and one to freeze. I cooked my own sauce in the crockpot all day and used it instead of jarred sauce. The recipe only calls for a 1/2 cup of sauce, so I was able to freezer the rest of the sauce for future meals!


Baked Cream Cheese Spaghetti

8 oz uncooked spaghetti
1 lb. ground beef (I use ground turkey)
1 (26.5 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
1/2 cup green peppers, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
8 oz cream cheese
2 Tbsp. milk
grated Parmesan cheese
 Small can of French Fried Onions

DIRECTIONS:
Cook spaghetti; drain and set aside.

Brown ground beef; drain grease. Add sauce to beef and heat.

Combine onions, peppers, and butter in microwavable bowl. Cover and microwave for 4 minutes until soft.

Add cream cheese and milk to veggies and mix well.

Assemble casserole in 10x6 dish. Place a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of the dish. Place spaghetti on the sauce. Top spaghetti with cream cheese mixture. Add the rest of the spaghetti sauce. Top with your desired amount of Parmesan cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Top with fried onions and bake an additional 5 minutes. Don't let them burn!

**********************

To freeze: Prepare casserole ahead of time and freeze without the fried onions.

Recipe Source

No comments: